Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Making God Smile


Ephesians 5:10 – “and find out what pleases the Lord.”

Do you think you have made God smile? Have you ever wondered that if something you said or you did made God smile? I know as a single parent there are things that my children have done that make me smile.

Especially my son…he seems to have inherited my sense of humor.

You know what makes me, as a Dad smile?
1. When my son says “I love you Dad”, without it being in reply to my love for him.
2. When he reminds me to say the “blessing” over the food when I forget.
3. When he questions me about God or a scripture he has heard.

Yes, these are a few things that make me smile! The point is, we as parents have dreamed, trained, and disciplined our children. We have that hope that they would follow the right path; keeping a close relationship with us.

God wants and desires the same thing,

This is the way that God intended for us to relate with him, but like most children, we don’t always listen. We look for different ways to relate to God, just as children look for different ways to relate to their parents. God wants us to love Him and He also wants us to TRUST Him. And I mean with the kind of trust that it would take to build an ark in the middle of land because God told us to.

My son can be a know-it-all at times; it didn’t used to be this way. There was a time he hung to every word I said…he actually still does to a point. I can feel that time slipping away… The truth is we do that with God too! We act like we trust Him to guide and direct our every step; that is until the day comes when he sends us somewhere we are not comfortable with.

Can you imagine this conversation between Abraham and God?

God: “Abraham, this is God speaking. I want you to leave everything and go to the land I will show you.”
Abraham: “Where’s that?”
God: “If I told you, you wouldn’t believe me.”
Abraham: “Try me.”
God: “its 1500 miles from here in a place called Canaan.”
Abraham: “Never heard of it.”
God: “I know, and guess what else? I’m going to make you the father of a great nation.”
Abraham: “That’s impossible. I don’t have any children.”
God: “Don’t worry.”
Abraham: “What do you mean, don’t worry?”
God: “Just trust me.”
Abraham: So God “Let me see if I’ve got this straight. You want me to leave everything, travel across the desert to someplace I’ve never heard of, and become the father of a great nation.”
God: “Right.”
Abraham “Is this some kind of joke? What am I supposed to tell my wife?”
God: “That’s your problem.”

Hebrews 11:8 it was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.

Abraham didn’t question God and just did it! Do you see how trust is connected with having the type of relationship with God that would make him smile? The questions for today are, “Do you make God smile?”

Do you have a loving and close relationship with His Son Jesus Christ?
Do you make God smile by Trust and obedience?
Do you acknowledge God and do you serve Him?

I don’t know about you but I don’t just want to make God smile.

I want to make God smile as far as the East is from the West!

Kapeesh?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love it!! (I KNOW you made God smile on Saturday evening, my friend!!)