Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Camouflaged Christians



Romans 12:1,2
I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
I have read this scripture about 100 + times and I thought I got it. I didn’t, well, not until today. I attended a men’s Christian weekend and just got back last night. Verse 2 was the theme scripture but in the hustle and bustle of the weekend, I didn’t get it.
As sometimes with me it happens, my heart was set on service and not the theme (I was hiding in service). The first day on this retreat, I wore a camouflaged shirt. I didn’t realize how that shirt represented my thought process. The purpose of camouflage is “to not be seen” - to go unnoticed. To “blend in” to the surroundings; not “draw attention” to ourselves and it’s an advantage for the military and for sportsmen, but it’s disastrous for Christianity.
I wanted to be in the background, not seen and not draw attention to myself. God didn’t see it that way; he put me right out front (unhappily for me at first). Even though I didn’t want to be there, God still made me shine. God ripped off my Camouflage!
How do we avoid becoming a Camouflaged Christian?
To not be Camouflaged, there must be a:
• Difference in our LOGIC - because we have a different MIND ( I needed to change my mind)

• Difference in our LABOR - because we have a different MISSION (My mission didn’t change but the method did)

• There Must Be A Difference in our LIVES - Because we have a Different MASTER

The World can’t afford for us to be Camouflaged Christians.
Mt. 5:14-16 14
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. “Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

How do we keep from becoming camouflaged?
There has to be:
1. A Presentation - present our bodies to God as living sacrifices.
2. A Separation - avoid conforming to the world’s ways
3. A Transformation - renew our minds through Christ
4. A Demonstration - prove we belong to God by doing His will.

I don’t know about you but I am going to stop fighting God’s will for me. I’m going to stop hiding and become the man God wants me to be. I’m not going to try to restrain myself from doing God’s will in community because of a fear of Public Speaking.
This fear, I’m throwing into the garbage!

No comments: