Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The 6 senses.


In 1988, I was blind for 3 weeks from Refraction Blindness. Specifically, the sun shining off the ice and snow temporarily blinded me. I never realized at first the gift God had given me with this. While I was in the hospital, recovering, my senses were heightened. My hearing seemed to be compensating for the loss of sight. I could hear someone walking down the hallway, and by the sound, know if they had visited me before. In some cases, I knew exactly who it was.

I also seemed to have a sixth sense yet I’m not sure how to explain it. It was like a wisdom/knowledge thing and I thought I lost it when I regained my sight. At that time I didn’t realize I had the Holy Spirit sense.

God the Father created the human body with five basic senses. The five senses given to us at our first birth are not capable to live out the true attributes of the Christian life. Christ knew that our natural five senses would not be enough. He therefore vowed to leave us with something extra, an extra sense that would come from a relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Unfortunately, many Christians have ignored, denied, misunderstood or limited the magnificent ministry of the Holy Spirit. How many times have we said to ourselves “I should have followed my first thought”, or “something told me not to do that”, or “I had a feeling this was going to happen”. I related an event that happened in my life where I didn’t listen to God a few blogs ago, could that have been the extra sense?

Often this inner promptings are from the Holy Spirit as He desires to show us the way we should go. The Holy Spirit can give us the insight, instruction and inspiration necessary for victorious living. Our 5 senses give us power on a human level; the 6th sense gives us power on a divine level.
We cannot accomplish God’s will for our lives without God’s Spirit. Jesus gave us the power. Power in this form is the Greek word, “Dunamis” often translated dynamic or dynamite. These words speak of great impact and difference making. The Holy Spirit makes a great impact on our lives when we let Him have His way. He provides for us the ability to be different than those who only operate with five senses. So, I say again, “We cannot accomplish God’s will for our lives without God’s Spirit.”

One cannot operate in the flesh and experience the life that God has called us to live. One cannot operate in the flesh and expect the best of what this life has to offer.

Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10) .

He told us that we are more than conquerors (Romans 8:37);

He told us that we have victory in Christ Jesus (1 Cor. 15:58).

Then why do we live so blindly?

Why do we struggle so badly?

I think were not using the 6th sense…or the Holy Spirit sense.

Make sense?

No comments: