Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Bow and Arrows


I saw a wonderful and inspiring situation yesterday. Let me set it up for you; it was Sunday morning; it was 7:30AM; and I was pulling into the parking lot waiting to start bringing volunteers to church. Walking through the parking lot was a man.

No, more than a man he was a DAD!

How did I know he was a Dad? He was pulling this neat little wagon that had 3 sections…like a train. In each section there was a little boy maybe 2 years old. Identical triplets; all boys; Blond Haired; Matching outfits; and to top it off, he had a poodle on a leash, leading the way.

As I said hello to him and offered God’s blessing to this beautiful situation, I asked myself this simple question: What is on this man’s heart? I guess I should have asked but I just didn’t want to break up this wonderful picture. I wish I had a camera with me.

Think about it, Sunday Morning… 7:30AM…Dad is out for a walk with the whole family with the exception of Mom. Mom is probably home, sleeping in. I’m sure this was his intention. Dad did this so Mom could sleep in late…..And it wasn’t even MOTHER’S DAY!

What a great Husband and Father!

I never found out about his faith but the next time I see him, and I’m sure God will make our paths cross again…I will most definitely ask. I’m almost positive this Dad is the Spiritual Archer of his home.

Why “Spiritual Archer?”

I read the following verse in Psalms and it inspiration hit me like a ton of bricks:

Psalm 127:4, “Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth.”

Dads are warriors, and our children are like arrows. When dads shoot correctly, kids can hit the mark, but the arrows are no more effective than the archer. A dad who shoots straight; must be strong; the arrows must be straight and Dads are given the awesome responsibility from God to shape and straighten these young arrows the Lord gives to us.

Children aren’t naturally born straight arrows; they can be bent and shaped. If you were going to bend a tree in a certain direction, the time to do it is while the tree is just a young sapling, still soft and pliable.

Someday, if you’re not there already, you will send your arrows out. Every dad comes to that time when the arrows are released. Our intent while we have our children at home is to make them spiritually sharp and emotionally straight. Once they are out on their own, we keep praying for them and remain available to them as a counselor, when they seek that or need that.
But until they’re gone, we must remain on the job. Sometimes people like to talk about juvenile delinquency, but the real problem is parental delinquency, especially dropout dads.

As Dads, we must stand for Jesus and stand against the enemy, if you want your children to stand when you send them out against the enemy. You must take whatever steps are necessary so you can, be fully right with God, and so your children can succeed against the enemy.

Spirit-filled Christian families are Satan’s worst nightmare. Give direction and projection to these arrows, and with the winds of grace send them out into adulthood, and...

Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.”

Amen!

No comments: