Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Did you hear that?


If you read my blog, “Forgive and Forget or Revenge and Regret “you will remember the event in my life that taught me about forgiveness. There’s more to the story that I didn’t reveal at the time. So now, here’s the beginning of the story.

As you may or may not have read, I was attack by a stranger. Or so I thought. The actual beginning of the story is I was sitting at home that night. I got a call from a friend, to pick HER up from work. Apparently, her husband was called away on Military Duty and she needed a ride home.

After I hung up the phone, and got ready to go pick her up…I had this deep thought that I wasn’t supposed to go. Being a babe in Christ, I didn’t realize God was telling me not to go. There were a few other signs…. I couldn’t find my keys so I had to use my spare; a friend had called with free tickets to the Premiere of Star Wars (starting in 30 minutes) and my car wouldn’t start but a neighbor was nice enough to jump start my car.

Think God was trying to give me a message?

I still went and the events that unfolded changed my life forever.

People have a tendency to listen only to what they want to hear. God’s Word informs us that "The heart is deceitful above all things." In Ezekiel 12:2, God complained that "these people have ears to hear but they never hear, eyes to see, but they never see"

To our own detriment, we can be selective in our hearing. God does a lot of speaking and we miss most of it. God gave us two ears but only one mouth. Some people say that’s because He wanted us to spend twice as much time listening as talking. Others claim it’s because He knew listening was twice as hard as talking.

God is always speaking to people; the key is that we must want to hear Him.

You probably would never want to go Computer shopping with me. My eyes glaze over, my brain shifts gear; my ears get clogged and let’s not talk about standing in my way. You could tell me my hair was on fire and I wouldn’t hear you (if this ever occurs, please put it out). Talk about zoning out God and others!

Some people are this way with God; they get this idea in their heads that they have to have this item, job or relationship and take their eyes off God. Some even convince themselves that this is what God wants for them so it must be ok! When it fails, who’s the first one they blame?

In order to listen to God, we very often, must give up or lay down something we want to grasp or control. It is God’s desire to reveal Himself to us through His Words and thus, call us to new life, new hope, and new beginnings!

We must put God’s will before our heart. Our hearts can be broken but God’s heart is perfect. The only way we will truly know God’s heart is by listening and reading his word.

Did you hear that?

God is speaking.

No comments: