Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Who do you trust?


What does it mean to trust?

Webster’s Dictionary states: Basic dependence on someone or something, Belief that something will happen or someone will act is a prescribed way.

Paul’s definition: our unswerving belief that God will indeed work on our behalf to bring His perfect will for our lives into being.

John 14:1 – Do not let your hearts be troubled; trust in God, trust also in me.

If I were to ask you individually, you would very quickly say that you trust God but there are times when trust is not so simple. Trusting God means we believe in that which we cannot see and sometimes may not understand. Trusting God is literally against our human nature. Trusting God means that we have to admit that we are not in control of our lives.

We trust our employers to deliver paychecks.

We trust our doctor’s to heal our illnesses.

Disasters strike and tragedies happen in our lives.

Life can indeed be hard. Life can be uncertain. Life is beyond our control. In times like this, life is beyond our understanding. We are left with raw emotions and tough questions. Answers are beyond us as we grapple with the question of why. Nothing and I mean nothing that we go through in life is beyond God.

God wants you to trust even when you don’t understand. When life just doesn’t make sense; when the future seems uncertain; God wants us to follow Him. When we feel weak, God is our strength. When we are pressured by life, God is our relief. When we need security, God is our refuge. The full resources of God are at our disposal when we place our trust in Him.

Some of you are familiar with the device I have in my chest that keeps me from having seizures. This device resembles “Trust in God” for me. While I was awaiting the surgery for the implant, the Doctors kept telling me that there was a 50/50 chance it would stop the seizures all together. Their thoughts were that it would only stop some of the seizures and not all.

I could have listened to this and believed it. I could have left everything up to the Doctors and nurses, but I didn’t.  I simply trusted God to take care of the circumstances. As I have stated before, I haven’t had a seizure since.

Jesus calls us to not focus on our life, our difficulties, our pain, Jesus calls for us to trust God, His plan is better than anything we could do.

Proverbs 3:5, 6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.



So, who do you trust?


No comments: