Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Decisions: A Matter of Trust


My last blog was on trust and this seems to be weighing very heavy on my mind lately. Decisions are based on trust.

 When we make decisions we often seek different sources to help make that decision.  How many sources does the average person consult when faced with making a decision? Some search through their horoscopes or consult trusted friends. Some people will even ask complete strangers for their advice or will follow the accepted patterns of their culture.

Have you ever struggled with making decisions? “What should I fix for dinner?” “What should I wear today?” “Where should I invest my money?” “Who should I date?” “What career should I pursue?”  “Where should I go to Church?” Decisions can be big or small yet they all can be very important.

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him; And He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

God wants us to make wise decisions. He wants us to follow His guidance. In fact one of the main reasons that the Bible was written was that His children would have words to live by. He wants to give us clear direction. A way to make the right decisions based on God’s plan for us.

Back when I first started to drive, I didn’t know the roads in New Jersey very well and got lost frequently. I had been driving them with my parents for over 16 years yet I didn’t really know my way around.  I lacked the wisdom to make accurate decisions as to the road I should travel. Have you been there?

Growing up, I attended church weekly with my parents; sang in the choir and went to Sunday school every week.  When I got saved in my early 20’s, even though I was religious, I didn’t know my way around Christianity and got lost frequently. I lacked the wisdom to follow the Lord without a mentor guiding me. Have you been there?

In order to get to our destinations (make right decisions), we must make sure we’re on the right road/path. We need to follow the One who longs to give direction to our life. Many times we think that God is playing ‘hide and seek’ with us – when it comes to the discovery of His will for our lives. This is not true. God delights in revealing His purpose and plans to His children, if we’re serious about finding His will for your life - He will reveal it to you.

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5

Many of us struggle trying to figure out what God wants us to do in specific situations. But much of what He desires for our lives is already revealed in the Bible.

“Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105

Ok, so here’s the rub… you want wisdom from God? Stop trying to be in control!

Proverbs 3:5b”…lean not on your own understanding.”

We do not understand everything. We do not see the entire picture. We do not have all the facts. We can do just fine by ourselves though – right?

“If you think you know it all, you’re a fool for sure; real survivors learn wisdom from others.” Proverbs 28:26

Have you ever made decisions based on misinformation? Or limited information? I have! Did you know that God does not make decisions with limited information? How could He – He knows everything.

Our responsibility is to trust God, not trust our own understanding but to acknowledge God in all our ways.

Let’s make the most important decision right now!

Trust in God.

No comments: