Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why Me???


The majority of times, whenever we face difficult situations, we tend to forget who we are. Whenever we face difficult situations, we first look to resolve the problem by our own strength, and when this does not have the desired result, we then begin to drown in the “why me?”

1 Corinthians 1:5 for in him you have been enriched in every way—in all you’re speaking and in all your knowledge

For the faithful believer the word “enriched” means that we have no limits. The truth of the matter is that there are many in the world that would love to have what we have, this enrichment. What do we have that so many seek, but never find? We have the peace of our Lord in our heart and mind.

At times we are called fanatics or foolish, but this is because as the word tells us in 1 Corinthians 1:18: “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”

We have been enriched; in other words, we have received riches as no other; riches that cannot be bought with all of the gold and silver that exists in the universe. We have been blessed with a citizenship in God’s kingdom.

So…”Why me?”

Last week, my bonus didn’t arrive. I panicked; I had earmarked that money for an upcoming trip. I started getting upset; I demanded the money from the firm I consulted for. I asked them who they thought they were by forgetting to mail my money! I needed that money!!! I then commenced to go thru all my accounts and try to make up for the money I needed. I fell short. Why do these things happen to me all the time?

All of us here have experienced this at one time or another and it is exactly here where the enemy wants to trap you. The enemy wants us to think and say: “nothing ever works out good for me”; “I always have this problem”.

What does the Word of God say about this? Were we guaranteed that once we accepted Christ all of our problems would disappear? That when we accept Christ, life would become a bed of roses?

Nope!

The Lord does make us a wonderful promise about all suffering and pain and in John 16:33: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world”.

This verse answers the: why me? This verse lets us know that He knows the things that we have to endure, but at the same time He gives us the hope and encouragement that we need. With this verse the Lord strengthens us to prevent us from falling into the snare of self-pity.

Some of you may be thinking: “sure, but you just don’t know what I am going through”. I know that at times all of us feel alone and abandoned; Jesus during the most physically painful moments of His life had this feeling.

I tell you though, no matter the circumstance; no matter how difficult or invincible a situation may appear to be, God never abandons the faithful servant.

God has a purpose in all things, this means that we have to look at things that happens to us as an experience from which we must learn. The truth of it all is that no one can say with certainty why God allows certain things to happen, but of the one thing that we can be sure of is that there is a divine purpose, and the divine purpose will always be for our good.

Jeremiah 29:11-12: “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you.”

Being a Christian does not guarantee us a life free from suffering, but it does guarantee us that He will guide us through our pain. God has done numerous things for us that we may not even know about, and others that we are fully aware of. This is why we should always thank God for all things and in all things.

Do not allow the enemy to trap you in the “why me?”
Just remember who you are.

No comments: