Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Intensive Care


We find out at an early age what it feels like to have a broken heart. What happens when we are young doesn’t even compare with the pain and heartache we experience as we get older. It’s probably safe to say that there are many reading this whose hearts are broken.

Are you ready for this…God needs people with broken hearts!

If you have or have to have heart surgery, to fix your heart they break it. Then you have to spend some time in the intensive care unit after the surgery. Your heart has to be monitored closely. Even though the surgery has been done, there’s always the possibility that complications can occur; that heart trouble can act up again.

As Christians it’s pretty much the same, God breaks our heart so he can fix it. Once we have allowed God to do surgery on our hearts, we need to spend some time in the "spiritual" intensive care unit. The treatment we need is to allow our hearts to be broken when necessary.

Psalm 34:15-17 you do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Why would God be drawn to those who are broken hearted? - The brokenhearted have learned the difference between what is genuine and what is fake. It takes a brokenhearted person to know what is real and important versus what is false and unimportant.

I don’t know if we can call ourselves true Christian’s unless we allow God to break our hearts and show us what’s really important in life! God is close to the brokenhearted because they have discovered what’s really important in life!

Before my heart got broken and I saw what Jesus really did for me, I would curse my neighbors; speak of how my Boss was an idiot. The next Sunday during the Church sermon I would hear how God loved us first so we should love others. Brought tears to my eyes yet Monday I’d be standing at the water cooler and agreeing with everyone about this SOB or that idiot.

Before my heart got broken and I saw what Jesus really did for me, I would listen to this teaching or that sermon, and throw in my 2 sense. Something likes “man that sermon was long” or “I have heard all this before, why should I listen again?” Yet I’d be back at Church the next Sunday.

Before my heart got broken and I saw what Jesus really did for me I’d put 20 dollars in the collection plate even though I made over $2000 a month. What did God need with MY money anyways? The Church was only going to spend it on something I may or may not approve of.

Before my heart got broken and I saw what Jesus really did for me, I attended church on Sunday…and only Sunday. They have enough people volunteering already. I don’t have time so I can’t help or go to classes.

Is any of this a reality for you?

God is drawn to the brokenhearted because they place their trust in Him. The intensive care that broken hearts need is— to trust in the Lord. For some of us, we need our hearts to be broken today. We’ve rebelled long enough.

We’ve tried to do it on our own for way to long.

No comments: