Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Spiritual Veteran’s Day


I volunteered, at the age of 17, to join the US Navy. At first, it was just a job, not a 9 – 5, thing but I did my work and took my pay. I found God and was saved earlier in my Naval Career. As my heart was changed and I devoted my life to Jesus, my job turned into a commitment. I started to faithfully serve God and my country and realized my duty as both a Christian and a Soldier.

Now our country no longer requires us to serve, were volunteer only countries. God does not force anyone to serve in the service of His Kingdom, but He does plead with us to volunteer and come to salvation through Christ our Lord. He also sends out recruitment officers to urge people to serve in His Army.

On this Veteran’s Day, I’m listing some key points to be a Spiritual veteran... in comparison to a guardian of our country.

Veteran’s Faith:
When you serve our country, you must have faith in the American government that it will supply your every need. Your food, clothing, shelter, medical needs, and even your companions are supplied by your government. When you serve God, you must also have faith as you are called into His service that He will supply your every need. You will not have to worry about your physical needs when you serve Christ.

Matthew 6:31-33 therefore take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? Or, what shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek :) for your heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these things but seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

When it comes to faith, the Lord wants us to be true veterans; “experienced through long service and practice.”

Veteran’s Commitment:
When you serve our country, you are expected to be completely committed to your country and to allow nothing to prevent you from performing your duties and serving faithfully. When you serve God, you are also expected to be completely committed to Christ and His Kingdom. You are expected to serve Him faithfully, not allowing anything to keep you from doing His will.

Veteran’s Obedience:

When you serve our country, you are required to follow orders and are expected to be obedient to the letter. When you serve God, Christ expects and requires nothing less.

Isaiah 1:19-20 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

For a Christ follower, the important thing isn’t what God has us doing; the important thing is that we’re doing what God wants us to do."

Veteran’s Devotion:
When you serve our country, you are expected to be completely devoted to the country it represents. When you serve God, Christ expects you to be completely devoted to Him and His Kingdom.

To be a true spiritual veteran, one must be completely devoted to the service of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Being a soldier and serving this great nation is an honor and it is one thing that I am personally very proud of within my life. But as I think of my military service, I can’t help but to think of a greater calling to a service that God has called all of us to. We are all called to be Soldiers of Christ!!!

2 Timothy 2: 3-4 you therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

To become true veterans of the cross, we must first be good soldiers of the cross.

God has made us all true Spiritual Veterans.

No comments: