Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Not Economy Dependent



Having finished the book, “Not a Fan” by Kyle Idleman…again. I decided to write a series on the word ‘not’. Hence the title for this writing, “Not Economy Dependent”. This series will be in relation to God’s promise of an “Abundant Life”.
God doesn’t need a healthy economy, to be able to supply our needs.

Many of you know by experience how God can do more with 90% of our income than we can do with 100%. God can supply our needs in a bad economy just as easily as He can in a prosperous economy.

A few years ago, I was on disability and what the government sent me… just wasn’t enough. I had enough for rent, gas and utilities but not enough for food. So I prayed. I kept checking my mailbox day after day for money; I kept checking my refrigerator to see if God had put food in there for me and when I found nothing… I asked God why. God just said be patient.

What I did have left for food was running very low. It was a pretty good assessment in a day; I would be out of food. That morning, I received a call from my brother in Christ, John. He gave me a phone number to call about a possible donation to the church.

When I called, there was a food distribution company opening a retail outlet nearby and wanted to donate food to my church. They not only donated food that day but it’s been almost 2 years since I made that call. They are still donating food to this day by the truck load.

Oh, God gave me food…..but not the way I was thinking!

God frequently provides just enough at just the right time. (Exodus 16:1-35)

Exodus 16:4 - Then the LORD said to Moses, “Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day. I will test them in this to see whether or not they will follow my instructions. 5 On the sixth day they will gather food, and when they prepare it, there will be twice as much as usual.”

God can sustain us through extended periods of need in our lives. (I Kings 17:1-16)

1 Kings 17:14 - For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: There will always be flour and olive oil left in your containers until the time when the LORD sends rain and the crops grow again!”

God can make bitter water sweet. (Exodus 15:22-27)

Exodus 15: 24, 25 - Then the people complained and turned against Moses. “What are we going to drink?” they demanded. So Moses cried out to the LORD for help, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. Moses threw it into the water, and this made the water good to drink.

God can bring water out of a rock. Numbers (20:1-13)

Numbers 20:11 - Then Moses raised his hand and struck the rock twice with the staff, and water gushed out. So the entire community and their livestock drank their fill.

God wants daily trust in Him, not trust in our reserve funds. We must plan for the future, but trust God with the future! It’s unwise not to invest for the future, and not to save for the unexpected.

Prov. 21:20 “20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.”

God can supply our needs in a bad economy just as easily as He can in a prosperous economy. We are living in an economic crisis now. Our lives are a little less comfortable than the past, but our needs will be provided for.

Social Security may be there and it may not be but God will always have enough for our needs. God’s resources are inexhaustible and limitless. Let’s stop worrying about your future needs and let God take care of it.

God’s provisions are not governed by the economy!

No comments: