Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Job Opportunities Available


When it comes to our career, most of us have our dream job and then we have our real job. How did you end up in the career choice that you made? Would you describe yourself as being happy with that choice? Have you ever considered the link between your work and how that impacts your walk with Christ? Are you searching for work? Your job is a big deal to God.

In talking with a few people that are unemployed this weekend, I heard something that really alarmed me. Most of these people were doing everything they believe possible to find employment. Most of these people turned down work that was either beneath them or not enough money to pay the bills.

A year ago, I was unemployed and disabled. I thought that I couldn’t work because of my disability and therefore didn’t qualify for any position. I volunteered my butt off at church and around the community to keep myself busy. Because of my heart of service, God sent work to me even though I didn’t think I was looking.

My Church offered me a job, part time, in maintenance and the staff bent over backward to keep me within the limits of my requirements for Disability. In other words, I could keep receiving my benefits from the government and work for pay. What a great opportunity which I jumped on immediately.

Now, let me explain something. Since I was 17, I always knew that I had a special aptitude for Computers. My Mom actually gave me the inspiration and passion for technology. For 20+ years I have been working in the computer field and my degree is in Software Engineering.

So, why did I take a job that involved cleaning bathrooms and setting up rooms for events? God told me too, that’s why. I had absolutely no idea what he intended for me but I wasn’t going to tell God ‘NO’. Apparently God wanted me working and may or may not reveal to me why. I will say this, everyone I worked with at the Church were very supportive and I learned quite a bit while I was there.

But….I was let go. I could have done a few things as a result of being let go. I could have got upset and left the Church…angry. I could have put a chip on my shoulder and spoke against the staff of the church. What I did do was, change my mind and Thank God for the things I learned as a staff member.

A week later I was offered a position with a Christian Software company and the rest is just pure joy. I currently work for a great company and have been provided not only financial peace but also a great and joyful working environment. Why? God is good…all the time!

My point with this story is this, “If God Knocks on your door…ANSWER IT!” It may be the backdoor, side door or even a window! ANSWER IT!

It may not be the best job in the world but who are you to limit God and what he is trying to provide you. How do you know where this job may possibly lead? Maybe God is giving you this job to point them towards God’s love? Maybe he is giving you this job to teach you.

In the book of Genesis, Joseph was a shepherd and then a slave. Yet, God rose him up! God rose Joseph the slave up to be the Pharaoh’s right hand man. Of course, Joseph went through a few awful jobs and even prison. Joseph never turned his eyes away from God though. Joseph new God had a bigger plan for him.

Colossians 3:23-24 - Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

The implication of this verse is clear: as a Christian, it is much more important HOW you do what you do to earn a living than that it is WHAT you do to earn a living. We have this unfortunate practice of attributing greater worth to some people because of the job that they hold. We also tend to look down on people who serve in jobs we may not fully appreciate. The truth of the matter – any job you hold may be transformed when you view it as a way to serve the Lord and glorify God in whatever it is that you do.

Whatever work you do, think of it as God wants to show His greatness by using our Nothingness. Mother Teresa described her life in being God’s Pencil. The pencil is useless without the Masters hand guiding it.

Let God write your life’s work!

No comments: