Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

There is no “I” in God


There is no “I” in God

Fear: It causes us to think irrational thoughts and make irrational decisions; it brings paralysis; it imprisons; it enslaves it’s a powerful weapon in the hands of our enemy.

Hebrew 13:5, 6 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

 

I have an interesting fear… fear of what tomorrow will bring. I realize that that is a pretty general and bottomless fear but that’s how I best describe it. You could say it involves fear of the unknown, yes you could say that. You could say that it’s a fear that I have absolutely no control of, yes you could say that too. The last sentence in this verse really hits home for me though…”What can man do to me?” Every time I read this verse I want to replace this sentence with…”What can man and “I” do to me?”

Do you know why we have fear? We think our needs are not going to be met. We fear that the things we think are meeting our needs are going to be taken away from us. However, the deepest need of man’s heart can only be met in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Most fear bears a lack of contentment, companionship and confidence in his promise. The promise I just shared from Hebrews.

Contentment is not getting what you want, but it is wanting what you already have.

I Timothy 6:6-7 says, “But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.”

Whatever money and material possessions we gain in this world will be left behind at the grave. I find it interesting when I hear speak of someone passing away and then they ask, “”What did he leave?”… Silly question, he left everything! God doesn’t have a Moving Company!!! You can’t take it with you!

Knowing Jesus Christ, we should have contentment. If we have Jesus Christ in your heart, we’re rich! We need to be content with what He provides for us!

The second word I used as a reason of my fear was companionship. I don’t know what I’m going to face next year. I’m afraid I’m going to have to face something I don’t understand, and I’m going to have to face it alone.

When God’s Word promises that God will never forsake you, it means what it says. He will never abandon you. It could be stated like this, “I will never, never, no never ever forsake thee.” I need to practice the presence of the Lord for tomorrow. When the devil comes and knocks at my heart’s door, I can simply say, “Jesus, please go answer the door.”

The last word I used was confidence…of all the things I have listed, this is where I struggle the most. I say God I don’t have the strength…God says, “he will never leave thee nor forsake thee.” I say, “God I’m afraid of what’s going to happen next.”…God says, “he will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”. I say, “God I don’t know what to do”…God says, “he will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”

You seeing a pattern here?

Like the old saying goes, “There is no “I” in teamwork”…well there is no “I” in God.

When you wake in the morning and say “I just can’t do this again today”…

When you look at what has to be done for the day and say, “There’s no way I can accomplish this”…

When life hits you hard and you say, “Now what am I going to do”…

Get over it, there is no “I” in God. There is no “I” in you! God will never leave you nor forsake you!

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

Psalm 63:7 “Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings (God’s wings) will I rejoice.”

When you find your contentment, companionship, and confidence in Jesus then you’ll find your comfort and courage in the Lord.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: