Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Friday, March 9, 2012

I’m on Vacation


You ever see the movie, “What about Bob”?  Bob’s Psychologist decides to take a vacation. Bob is afflicted with some serious issues. The Doctor writes Bob a new prescription…it states, “I’m on Vacation”! And he said, "Bob, from this moment on, you are on vacation. Not a vacation from your job. Not a vacation from your daily life. A vacation from your problems. Every time a problem comes up. Every time you start to get worried. You pull this prescription out and tell yourself, "I’m on vacation. I’m not going to worry about it.”

Doctor’s orders!

I’m on Vacation. Tomorrow at 7am I get on a plane for Hawaii. I know someone who can give you the vacation you’ve always dreamed about. He’s someone who really does have the power to pass out this ‘Vacation’ prescription.

Mathew 11:27 - Jesus says, "Since I’m the only person who has been entrusted with what it takes to bring you into a personal relationship with God, come to me. All you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."

When we think of rest, we think about taking a break from pushing the pencil, shovel or whatever you push in the daily grind. Maybe it’s plopping down on the couch and cracking open a can of beer after a hard day’s work. That is rest…of a sort. Yet Jesus is not just talking about giving us rest from our work. He’s talking about giving us a rest from our worries; rest from our weariness; rest from the burdens of life; and rest from all the anxieties and the annoyances that plague our daily lives. He’s talking about rest for our bodies and souls.

You and I aren’t in jail like Paul and Silas. You and I aren’t in the middle of a raging storm at sea. You and I don’t have the hectic schedule that Jesus had. But we all have burdens. We all have problems. We all have storms in our lives.

·         There’s someone reading this that is completely burned out. You’ve been working so many hours and doing so many different things for people. And you are bone tired.

Jesus says to you "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."

·         There’s someone reading this that has a very stormy home life. It seem like you’re either fighting all the time. You long for a family atmosphere free from all the fighting and the friction and the frustration.

Jesus says to you "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened. And I will give you rest."

·         There is someone reading this that feels they have been treated unfairly. Somebody said something to you that was way out of line. Or they promised that they would do something for you that they never got around to doing. And it’s eating you up inside weighing your heart down with weariness and sadness.

Jesus says to you "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

I want you to know that God doesn’t want you to hang on to that burden. God doesn’t want you walking around with your head hanging low. God doesn’t want you trying to navigate through life with a weighed down, broken heart.

Give your burden to the one person who can do something about it. Take a vacation from your problems.

Just in case you didn’t know this before, there are different types of vacations. One type of vacation is the kind where you sit by the pool in some tropical paradise.

Another kind of vacation is the educational vacation. Where you’re visit Washington DC or the Grand Canyon for example.

But a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the most restful vacation you can take. Because it’s a vacation you can enjoy 24/7. And it will last you throughout all eternity.

Come to Him, all you who are weary and burdened, and He will give you rest.

By the way, I’m starting my Vacation today…Doctors Orders! Dr Jesus!!!

How about you?

No comments: