Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, June 6, 2011

How do you spell relief?


I was pouring myself a glass of Tea today when my son distracted me. I ended up filling the glass beyond capacity and it flowed on to the counter. What a mess and as I was cleaning it up, God instructed me.

He sometimes does that with me, he’ll put a thought in my brain and it just sticks there like somebody crazy glued a piece of paper to my forehead. Hanging in front of my eyes until I deal with it.

I looked at the glass then the mess in front of me. God has been granting me some interesting wisdom. Lately though, it has seemed to slow down quite a bit and I wasn’t sure why. Was I doing something wrong; was I listening; or was God just busy with someone else for a while.

Luke 8:18 Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.”\

It’s the Law of Use: "Use It or Lose It.”


Okay, so here is a Man of Action list of hearing aids:

· If the message goes in one ear and out the other you are a:
Care Less Hearer
Luke 8:12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

· If you hear the Word and it excites you but fail to count the cost of hearing it you are a:
Superficial Hearer
Luke 8:13 Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

· If you hear the Word and honestly try to live it by being very active in the church but are unwilling to separate yourself from the world you are:
Works Hearer
Luke 8:14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

· If you hear the Word you keep it in your heart. You walk by what the word says and honestly seek the word and understand the truths within you are a:
Truth Hearer
Luke 8:15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.·

If you hear the word and fill yourself up with it but never release or do what God asks for you to do you are a:
Constipated Hearer

That’s where the glass of Tea came in, I was filled up with God’s wisdom and truth but not sharing or giving of that which God has given me. Thus it overflowed and made a mess.

Yes, I served God and man with love, but I kept the wisdom God had given me for myself. Fellowship is the key to release in these situations, sharing God’s heart with all from what he’s given you.

God doesn’t give us wisdom so we can lock it away and keep it secret from the world. NO, he gives it to us because it’s part of his plan for us to release it into the world.

How do you spell relief?

No comments: