Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Behind every man…

I recently started a group on Facebook called ‘Men of Action'. This group is following my desire to reach more men and energize others. From this point forward, most of my blogs will be pointed towards the heart of men in action.

This week, since Mothers Day is approaching, I decided to write about woman and how a man of Action should act towards not just Mom’s but all women. My inside job for this week is praise the great woman that God has given us.


I was walking along Clearwater beach and stumbled across an old lamp. I picked it up, rubbed it - and out popped a genie. The genie said, “Ok. You released me from the lamp.. blah, blah, blah. This is the 4th time this month and I’m getting a little sick of these wishes, so forget about 3. You only get one wish.”

I put a lot of thought in this and finally came up with, “I always wanted to go to the moon but I am scared of rockets and flying! Could you build me a elevator to the moon?”

The Genie looked at me and said, “Dude, you realize how labor intensive that would be? First I would have to build a structure that moved with the moon and then place a elevator in there. Do you realize the work involved and the principles of nature I’d have to break. No, pick another wish!”

So I said, “Ok, well I have been married a few times and divorced as well. I really would like to understand woman much better. I wish that you could give me understanding when it came to woman!”

The Genie sighed, “How many passengers would you like in the elevator?”

Granted, we don’t fully understand these lovely ladies but that shouldn’t keep us from loving, respecting, honoring and praising them. You want to know how to praise that special lady in your life?

Trust me on this, read Proverbs31: 10-31. It’s all about how to praise that special lady in your life. You need to read it but here is a short breakdown:.

v. 11 - “The heart of her husband trusts in her.”
Woman (especially Mom’s) has a 6th sense. How many times have you said, “Honey, can you...” and she just waits for you to finish and says, “I already took care of it.” She does that because she is trustworthy / dependable.
Trust is vital to a good relationship!

v. 12 - “She does him good.. all the days of her life.”
Women have that unique way of telling their husbands, friends and their children exactly what they both need to hear, and want to hear. Indeed, they build us up and do us good.
Moms are the only people in the world who could watch their husband or their kid’s mess something up terribly and still smile and say, “But you sure looked good anyway.”

Good COMPANIONSHIP is worthy of praise.

v. 13 - “She works with her hands.”
When’s the last time you thanked your wife or your mother because she sewed a button on your shirt, mended a torn pair of pants, cooked you dinner, or earned some additional income for the family? Verse 27 says, “She does not eat the bread of idleness.” Guys, it reminds us that we’re not the only ones working. In fact, I say without any reservation:

Praise the HARD WORKING woman who goes the extra mile.

v. 15 says, “She rises also while it is still night.” v. 27 says, “She looks well to the ways of her household.”
Oh, how thankful you should be for the wife who gets up in the middle of the night to care for the crying child. And I’m not just talking about newborns.
I’m talking about those nights when a child wakes up sick, and you don’t even know about it until the next morning. But Mom did. Her ears were tuned in to her child while you were sleeping the night away.

You can probably testify, it’s praiseworthy to have a Mom who is always CARING for the family.

v. 20 says, “She extends her hand to the poor, and she stretches out her hands to the needy.”
If the woman in your house is COMPASSIONATE, you should feel doubly blessed. What a great quality that blesses everyone.

v. 21 says, “She is not afraid of the snow for her household, For all her household are clothed with scarlet.”
Mom is always prepared. Just look at some of those purses they carry around!
Praise the woman is always PREPARED when no one else seems to be.

v. 22 says, “She makes coverings for herself; Her clothing is fine linen and purple.”
Women go to great lengths to look good for you. When she does, you better pay attention and let her know you noticed.
Everyone should compliment Mom when she makes herself (er…. which is all the time, right!) ATTRACTIVE.

v. 23 says, “Her husband is known in the gates, When he sits among the elders of the land.”
Hey, if your wife makes you look good .. if she gives you a good reputation .. you ought to bow down and kiss her feet. Okay, so maybe that’s a stretch but I hope you get my point!

Praise be to the wife you makes you look good. Who causes you to have an outstanding REPUTATION.

v. 25 says, “she smiles at the future.”
Men, give praise to your wife if she’s OPTIMISTIC... looking ahead with pleasure. She just makes your life so much more pleasing.

v. 26 says, “the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”
Men, be thankful if your wife teaches kindness to your kids. She surely makes up for the rough edges you have (and you know what I mean).
A good woman seems to have PLEASANT WORDS for everyone. Why don’t you return her love and speak pleasant

v. 30 says, “a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.”
Love her, praise her, for her DEDICATION in helping build a Christian home.

Guess what…“Flowers leave their fragrance on the hand that bestows them.”

Women love to receive flowers. That’s because they attach meaning to them. Why else would a Mom be so happy to receive a handful of dandelions from her child? She realizes what the flowers symbolize.
Women need to hear our praises - and we need to give them. As the proverb says, the hand that gives the flowers also receives a blessing.

No comments: