Men of Action - Welcome

God Bless you!

Please read my writings with an open mind and heart.

Enjoy reading.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Spiritual Control

On my laptop computer, there are 2 keys abbreviated “CTRL” which stand for control. I have used these keys multiple times but never seem to be in total control of my computer???

I used to be afraid to fly! You probably would never see me parachute out of a perfectly good plane or tie rubber bands to my feet and jump off a bridge. When I went long distances in a car, I needed to drive. You probably can see where I am going with this, control issues!!! All of these fears have to do with control and not being in it.

My inside job for this week, is “Letting Go and Letting God” have the controls.

Now, I’m not the best at analogies… so bear with me. When I first got saved, many moons ago, I spiritually was riding a Big Wheel. I know I’m showing my age with that reference but stick with me on this. The Big Wheel has one big wheel up front with pedals and two little wheels in back. If you get going fast enough, you can do all kinds of tricks with it. Now these wheels are made of plastic. After doing a lot of spinning, sliding and braking, they have a tendency of wearing out.

Spiritually, as a babe in Christ, this described me to a ‘T’! The plastic wheels resembling how frail I was in my faith. My excitement for God spun me and slid me through my stand, sometimes uncontrollable. This slowly wore down my trust in God because my wheels were made of plastic. Eventually, my big wheel became unusable. I either needed to buy another big wheel or grow into another vehicle.

My faith did take the next step, well, I took a giant step. I spiritually purchased a 100 speed bicycle with all the gadgets and gizmos that came along with it. It was definitely a leap of faith; I wasn’t really ready for the bicycle… at least without some training wheels.

What I didn’t realize is that this bike I bought was a tandem bike. I was steering and pedaling and in back Jesus was just pedaling. I attempted to take the shortest distance between 2 points on my bicycle built for two. I was in control and Jesus provided the power and inspiration. Sounds pretty good doesn’t it? Nope.

Once again though, I was destined for disappointment. I was steering were I wanted to. Not observing the traffic signs (Not listening to wisdom); Not planning my route (Not praying everyday); Not doing required maintenance on the bike (Not reading the bible); Of course, this resulted in a couple flat tires and the chain kept falling off.

I was out of control!!! Until I let go and let God, that is. Now, Jesus is at the front of my tandem bike steering and pedaling… I get the easy job for once. I just pedal!!!
So, now as I go through life, I keep my eye on Jesus and following him wherever he goes. When I get a little down, tired or self satisfying???

Jesus turns to me and says, “Paul!… keep pedaling!!!”

Spiritual Control


I ran in search of ungodly things;I thought I was in control.
I had no need for what God brings;I wasn’t in touch with my soul.

“I’m always to busy” to myself I said,I was lacking something so deep inside.The mind is confused, my heart dead,Till I turned to God and letting love abide.

God revealed his plan for me and you:Saying Give your life to Me, just let go.
Pray always, study, read the Bible through,His blessings are more than we may know.

So simple, and it will bring me his peace,Living life for God the way I should.Direction, purpose, fullness and releaseLife with God will always be good.

No comments: